Sunday, February 8, 2009
Here I go again.....I've always wanted to try Spicy Chocolate Cookies. I've had a few recipes, nothing really got me going to making them. Then I saw (Homesteading Housewife) Dana's recipe for Fudge Crinkles. Oh Easy Peasy!!!! So, I put the recipe off to use one day....then it occurred to me....just add cinnamon and cayenne and POOF!.....Mexican Chocolate Cookies Crinkle Style....Mmmmmmmm
Mexican Chocolate Cookies
adapted from Homesteading Housewife
1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 cup vegetable oil
confectioners' sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Stir dry cake mix, cinnamon, cayenne, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms. (you may want to taste the dough to ensure you can taste your cinnamon and it's spicy enough for you or not too spicy...LOL)
3. Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
4. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET. (anything over 9 minutes will only make your cookie drier and crunchy...you want it moist and chewy....trust me....I didn't hear the timer with the second pan...so I got a few crunchy ones!)
6. Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
When I was sitting there at the table (about 2 feet away) from the cookie plate...I could smell these yummies. They were driving me crazy to eat one they smelled so good. So tender too. High FIVE to Dana!
Kitty says "yummy in my tummy!"
Your Food Holidays.....Coming up this Week:
February 9, 2009 National Bagels and Lox Day AND Pizza Pie Day
February 10, 2009 National Cream Cheese Brownie Day
February 11, 2009 National Peppermint Patty Day
February 12, 2009 National Plum Pudding Day
February 13, 2009 National Tortellini Day
February 14, 2009 Valentine's Day /National Cream-Filled Chocolates Day
February 15, 2009 National Gumdrop Day