Well, you can have your breakfast for dinner, guilt free and encourage your kids to have pizza for breakfast!!
Years ago, I discovered this recipe on some recipe card that a pizza crust company was distributing....I used my TA (you probably remember as Homeroom) as guinea pigs and fed it to them for breakfast. Nice perk having 4 kitchens and tons of counter space for a 'work place.'
This was the recipe I used:
Pizza for any meal!!!
1 Prepared Pizza Shell (I used Boboli but any premade crust will do)
1 pkg. hash browns (I used some leftover mashed potatoes from dinner)
salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, chopped
1 roll of bulk hot sausage and/or Box of cooked bacon
bag of shredded cheese
¼ stick of melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown sausage/bacon in frying pan. Drain off fat. If you use the pre-prepared bacon just crisp up in microwave and crumble. You can use both bacon and sausage or one of each (I usually make two pizzas with one of each when I make these). Set aside and keep warm.
3. Spread the melted butter on the crust(s) and set aside.
4. Sprinkle some of the cheese on the melted to act as glue for the next thing.
5. Saute the onions in the residual fat in the frying pan until clear and add the hash browns. Salt and pepper to taste. You can add a little of the butter if you have some leftover. Stir them all around to get some little brown pieces but you don’t have to cook them until they are brown and crunchy. Just needs to be hot. Spread the hash browns all over the crust when done.
6. Scramble the eggs and a little water to it to make them fluffy. Immediately place the hot eggs all over the hash browns.
7. Sprinkle your cooked meat on top of the eggs. (I reversed the cheese and bacon so you could see it)
8. Sprinkle your remaining cheese all over the pizza.
9. Bake until hot for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
K-man had such a excited look on his face when I presented him with this...not only does he love our pizza nights and our breakfast dinners but when he saw his two favorites put together....he was almost speechless!!!
It's so nice when your man is appreciative of your culinary efforts!!!