Friday, April 22, 2016

Whole30 - Day 30 and Reintroduction

Holy Crap today is day 30! Yes, and I still have to get through it.  Breathe.  I can get on the scale today....drum roll please and I am so nervous, Why? Deep breathing and maybe some wine on day 31, of course.  Did I know that I could make it this far?  Sure, I've been on plenty of diets in my life.  This was no different except for the shopping was a bit different and time consuming.  Once I had the right foods in the house, the cooking part was easy. But the book says, you may want to hold off on the scale...you can't let it consume and control you.  They suggested throwing the scale away.  Perhaps I should have listened...


Day 30

Breakfast: BST Frittata, 2 strips bacon and banana
Lunch: leftover sweet potato hash and chicken poppers, fresh fruit
Dinner: Keilbasa, onions and peppers and mixed greens with cukes and avocado



-The Reintroduction Day 1- Alcohol (optional?)

Breakfast: Frittata, 2 slices of bacon
Lunch: Roasted Chicken breast and mixed greens
Dinner: LOS TIOS!!! Chicken breast with pico de gallo, guacamole and black beans. (And I didn't take a picture because I was too excited to eat out?-Sorry guys I will be more mindful of this in the future!)
Reintroduce-  Skinny Margarita- Agave Tequila and Lime Juice

Of course this was optional but you have to celebrate when you are proud of sticking to something!

Breaking News!!!!!
In the Book, Melissa warns....that because you are doing a good thing and worked hard that perhaps you should NOT weigh yourself on Day 1 of the reintroduction... I did and I regret it. I lost 3 pounds.  I want to say I ONLY lost 3 pounds....But this is why they want you to NOT weight yourself. People put too much emphasis on weight number and because they worked hard for 30 days and if you don't get the weight loss number you had hoped for or NOTHING...you will get disappointed and may throw in the towel and stop doing Whole30.  I get this.  I was a bit sad😪 this morning and now I am okay about it.  I am feeling so much better and having no sugar cravings is so worth it.  One of the things I found out from my friend Jessica in her reading about "losing weight on Paleo" and it was suggested to lay off the potatoes (oops)...less fruit....stay away from the nuts  and nut butters (triple oops)....so that explains the "not so impressive" weight change.  So much else has changed so I am happy about that.

I was going to have hard cider for my alcohol tonight and eat beans in a few days. But we decided to have dinner by invitation of a friend who we desperately wanted to catch up with (so much to talk about) and it's one of our favorite places to eat.  I was just going to get a shot of agave tequila and lime juice (a Paleo margarita) but they already had a 'skinny' margarita on their menu....so perfect!  I scanned the menu for dishes that were meat and veggies mostly.  I was going to get fajitas and toss the tortillas but I found a chicken dish with pico de gallo and I just asked for no cheese and no rice.  So I allowed myself the black beans and it was smallest little cup of about maybe 5-6 tablespoons and I ate about half. I also ordered guacamole (you know how they always put the chips and salsa out!) and I brought my own little container of carrot chips and cucumber slices and dipped them into the salsa and guacamole.  I suffered NOT one bit. Didn't miss the chips, cheese or rice! Back to clean eating and the next test is non-gluten grains!


Let the testing begin....

No comments: