Friday, January 23, 2009
Yeah, like to see you bite into this!!! Well I used a fork. K-man did the 'smoosh' thing when he ate his!
Often times when I buy the econo-size ground beef, I put the rest in pre-made patties in my ziploc bags (the ones that you suck out the air) and we always have burgers for a quick meal.
Mega Muenster Burgers
1. Mix some ranch dressing with your prepared bag of cabbage/coleslaw mix. Not too much you want it still crunchy and not wet and mushy. Place in fridge.
2. Saute up some peppers and onions. Again, cook them until slightly wilted not totally soft. Remove from pan and cover in a bowl/plate.
3. Cook your burgers as you like. If you don't have Old Hickory Smoked Salt from Spice Islands, get some. This is great when you are cooking inside during the winter and your meats taste like they came off the grill. For REAL! A few minutes before they are the way you like them, place your cheese of choice on it. Tonight we used muenster. Cover pan and turn off heat.
4. Toast your buns, we used whole wheat ones tonight.
5. Place your slaw on the bottom bun...Pile it high.
6. Put your burger with the gooey melty cheese on the slaw.
7. Squeeze your ketchup on the burger. We use the Tabasco/hot and spicy Heinz Ketchup.
8. Put on your still warm sauteed pepper and onions. Again pile it high.
9. Put on your top bun. Serve with lots of napkins and watch the eyes of who you give this burger to get HUGE when you hand them the plate!!
K-man: OH MY HONEY!!!