Sunday, August 9, 2009

Don't forget to eat your bowl!

Gotta like a bowl you can eat after you eat your morning eggs...


My last post I made the Artisan Bread. With my second portion of dough that I baked into bread, I cut it in half buttered it and put my breakfast in it.

Here's the recipe:

Breakfast Bowls

Butter
Fresh veggies you want in your eggs (I chose, pepper, onions and tomatoes)
Cheese Slices
Eggs

1. Slice your small bread loaf in half....butter it generously.

2. Chop all your veggies that you want into your egg scramble. Put a pat of butter in the pan and saute them.

3. While your veggies are cooking, scramble your eggs, season with salt and pepper.

4. When your veggies are ready, pour in your eggs and scramble gently.

5. Lay a slice of cheese in your bowl, pile on your egg scramble and top with a cheese slice.

This certainly can be done with smaller rolls and served as a brunch item too!

K-man's eyes lit up when I served this to him. He loved it, so did I and it was fun to tear and eat the bread as you gobbled up your veggie, cheesy eggs!

Enjoy!

No comments: