Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweet and Spicy!


This is what I served with our Smoked Pork Tenderloin from last night....

Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
from Dana a.k.a. Homesteading Housewife

* 3 large sweet potatoes
* 2 - 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)

1. Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into approx 1 inch cubes. (this will give you approx 6 cups of potato cubes) Place on greased cookie sheet or covered with foil (I highly suggest the nonstick foil! It works baby!)
2. Coat with olive oil
3. Place spices/seasonings in small bowl and mix. Sprinkle onto potatoes and toss potatoes with hands.
4. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees F for 40 - 45 min. Stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Enjoy!


Crispy edges, soft smooshy insides. Sugary, salty and spicy....THUD~


OMG!!! Speaking of Potatoes....have you seen this?


3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Jenny- These look fabulous. I can not wait to try them. Love the flavorings and the crisp facotr.

Elyse said...

Mmm, these sweet potatotes look totally wonderful. I mean, you're talking about my favorite type of potato here, and I just love what you've done with it!

Ginger said...

Jenny Yum, I bet these are awesome. I really like the contrasting flavors!! These are a must try for me. Have a great week!!