Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Deja Vu Recipe Redux


Do you recall seeing these beauties?

I was rummaging around in the freezer and I came upon a bag of leftover Clementine cakes that I made awhile back. You know how it is...your recipe makes so many that you get tired of eating something and you put it in the freezer in case you have a hankering later on for them...

I got this idea how to revamp these mini cakes from eating some crackers I got at the wholesale club that were made from mini pumpkin and mini date walnut cakes. They were twice baked just like biscotti. (great with the Borden light swiss cheese spread BTW)

I wondered....

So I cut them into slices....put them in the oven for a slow bake to dry them out. Keep checking or turning them over until they are totally dried out....

Let them cool....

I took a large spoonful of orange juice concentrate in a custard cup and added powdered sugar until it was thick....spreaded it on thinly....let that dry....

Melted some dark chocolate chips....drizzle, drizzle... BAM...

Chocolate Orange Biscotti Bites!


Now get out your coffee...


...and enjoy the chocolatey orangey crunchy goodness...


3 comments:

Ginger said...

The UPS truck just went down the street. I was hoping that he was stopping here to deliver a package of Chocolate Orange Biscotti Bites??????? :-( He just kept on going. What can I say other than very creative and uniquely unique!! Keep me in mind if you are sending care packages out.

recipes2share said...

These look delicious!

Andrea said...

What a brilliant use of leftovers. They look almost better than the originals!