Sunday, April 19, 2009

Holy Guacamole!



One of the few things K-man goes absolutely crazy over is guacamole. He will eat just an avocado half with pepper as a snack, he loves it so. So you can imagine when I make this...he makes all sorts of yummy sounds!

Here is your step by step, full recipe follows:


Half your two ripe avocados.









Take tip of knife and make criss cross marks through the avocado meat.








Use your spoons to scoop out the avocado. We like chunks rather some people prefer to mash their avocado.









Squeeze your lime juice onto the cubed avocado. Stir to coat.








Put one clove of garlic in your garlic press.









Slice down your green onions...










Then chop








Remove top of tomato and gouge out the tomato liquid and seeds. Chop into small chunks.








Season well with salt and pepper (not pictured in my palm here) Taste to make sure it's the way you like it.








Then place in your bowl...

We think unsalted tortilla chips are best for the saltiness of the chip doesn't ruin your dip flavors.

Awesome Guacamole

2 ripe avocados, cubed
2-3 green onions, chopped
1 clove of garlic, pressed in garlic press
2 Tbsp of lime juice
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Chop all ingredients, coat with lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.

Serving Suggestion:

Pork Tenderloin Wraps


We have a low carb tortilla here....with a light layer of light ranch dressing on it. Put some lettuce on it....










Put on your leftover slices of pork tenderloin on your lettuce.










Load on your homemade guacamole....my mouth is watering already....









Fold up and BITE! The smoky meat with garlic smoothness of the avocado, the crunch of the lettuce, the chewy tortilla...mmmmmmmmmmm. Try it....I guarantee you'll like it!

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Jenny that picture better make it in!!! It is really good. YUMMY to the guacamole.....

Donna-FFW said...

This guacamole looks fantastic. Loved all your photos, greattips on cuttng the avocado! Stop by and enter my giveaway

Elyse said...

Mmm, I love guacamole. It's one of my favorite "dips" ever. In fact, it may just be one of my favorite dishes ever. It's totally amazing! You've started a craving in me!

Shelby said...

Hi Jenny! That guacamole looks great! Your potatoes below do too...and I think I will make those this week!

I stoped in to let you know that you won the Macaroni Grill contest...please email me at grumpyshoneybunch at yahoo dot come with your full name and mailing address so your prize can be sent out ASAP :o) Thanks for reading my blog and for entering the contest!

recipes2share said...

Many thanks for the great photo's and welcome to the recipes2share gallery - I look forward to seeing yet more delicious food!! Fiona

Jym said...

I load up a flour tortilla with a piece of poached fish, broccoli slaw and guacamole (similar recipe to yours) for a healthier fish taco alternative. Yum!