Friday, April 10, 2009

Comfy Companion!

As promised....we had mac and cheese with our BBQ meatballs...


OH if I had a dollar for all the different macaroni and cheese recipes out there....I'd be a millionaire! Alas, since I do not have copyrights on any of them...here I sit blogging in my middle income home instead of my personal assistant blogging for me on a beach in FIJI! Sigh.

But I did make a lower fat mac and cheese...here's how I did it:

Lower Fat Macaroni and Cheese

2 Tbsp 50/50 smart balance butter
1/4 cup flour
2-1/2 cups of lowfat milk or FF evaporated milk
1 cup 2% milkfat cheddar cheese
1/2 package Fat Free Cheese slices
1 box pasta
French's Onion Rings



Melt your smart balance and add flour to form a roux....wait until you smell the nuttiness of the flour before you add the milk. Stir until thickened.








Add cheeses. Stir until melted. Add pasta.










OMG...I just wanted to take a fork and dig in right then....

Put into casserole dish coated with nonstick spray and bake @ 375 for 20 or until bubbly.

Take out of oven and add onion rings....until browned....



You will eat this and can't get over the fact it's figure friendly!

2 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Comfort food at its best,looks great!

Elyse said...

Wow, your mac 'n cheese looks amazing. Totally one of my all time favorite comfort foods. Amazing!! Can't wait to try it out.