Monday, March 30, 2009

If lazy is bad....lemme be soooooo bad!

SO, a few days ago you saw the Cheese Triangles my students made? That was from Greek Cuisine week. I saw Cathy's recipe on her blog and the light in my head went "BINK" I made REAL baklava once for my students.....way too much labor. I wanted something simple to enhance their Greek food samplings....Thank you Cathy, these ROCKED!

The Lazy Cook's Baklava
Woman's Day Inspired Cathy of Noble Pig

1 box (2.1 ounce) frozen mini fillo shells
1/3 cup chopped pistachios
1/3 cup chopped cashews (I used walnuts)
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon water

Chop pistachios, cashews and almonds. Combine into one mixture. Fill shells with nuts and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or until shells are lightly browned.

Mix honey with water. Remove the cups from the oven and spoon in honey mixture (really fill them up).

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Isn't this just adorable?

After I tried one...yum!.....Immediately I counted them out....ok, I need 20 for my students.... the rest for ME, bwahahhahaha!


Can you find the REAL one?



These pix just make me laugh....

2 comments:

Ginger said...

First of all, these look amazing!! I have always looked at those shells, but never have used them. They really look versatile?? Your photos are really good. Did your students just love these??

Jenny Saunders said...

They sure gobbled them down! Next time I make them I am going to add a bit of cinnamon!