Time for another version of cake mix cookies! What number is this again? LOL
I just find playing with these cookie mixes....easy, fun and challenging to come up with new combos. Tune into Gin's site for her cake mix cookies ideas too. We are playing some kinda Cake Mix Cookie Chess! hahahahaha
This version is a combination of a cookie we did for Cookie Club at school which was like a shortbread cookie with potato chips and pretzels in it. They were dipped in chocolate after they cooled. So take your vanilla cake mix and some chips....BAM....
Crazy Cookie Cake Chippers!
18 oz cake Vanilla Cake Mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil (I used the Smart Balance 50/50 Blend, melted)
1-1/2 cup crushed potato chips and pretzels
extra 1/2 cup of flour or until dough is a bit firmer (I wanted these cookies to be more ball-like than flat)
1/2 cup each chocolate and white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir dry cake mix, oil/butter, 2 eggs, crushed chips and pretzels and extra flour until dough forms.
- Shape in 1 inch balls and press slightly.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan after a minute or so and cool on wire racks!
- Melt chocolate chips in separate ziploc bags in the microwave about 1 minute. Knead bag until chocolate is evenly melted. Snip small hole in corner of bag. Drizzle like CRAZY!
*Crunchy, chunky, **chewy, chocolately....absolutely ***CRAZY!
*chunks of crunchy pretzels
**chewy vanilla cookie
***salty from the chips and pretzels!