Sunday, May 17, 2009

*Singing*...Getting to know me....

Getting to know all about me....Well in the foodie sense. Hahahahaa

Feel free to copy it onto your blog so we can get to know YOU too!


THE GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUIZ


Metal or non-stick? Non-stick! I like it when it's slippery! Cooking! Sheesh get your mind out of the gutter!

Cast iron or stainless? Cast iron. Stainless sticks too much and I am not one of those "remove the meat and add broth/wine to release those brown bits on the bottom" girl.

Cutting board: silicone or wood? Well both, I like to cut my meats on the wooden one with the 'groove' to catch the juices. Silicone so I can throw it in the dishwasher. I like the best of both worlds?

Knife: carbon steel or stainless? UM, sharp ones? I am not a knife snob.

Kitchenaid or hand mixer? Kitchenaid baby! No more motor burning smell!

Cooktop: gas, electric, induction? Gas, I grew up using electric and once I got my first apt with a gas stove...I fell in love and never looked back! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Side-by-side, freezer on top, fridge on top? Freezer on top...when I bought my house I was so giddy to have an ice maker. But when this one is ready to be replaced (about 10 years, since it's new) I want a fridge on the top....think about it....we go to the fridge mostly and heat rises....HELLO? Fridge on the bottom so does NOT makes sense!

Apron or whoops? Home whoops....I trust myself from spilling and if I do...oh well they are my hang out clothes. But at school, I must model what is good to do....plus I need it as protection with my work clothes as kids are twice as messy!

Parchment or Silpat? Both, sorry I can't choose just one. I have certain cookies that stick on silpat but not on parchment. I appreciate both and use them regularly.

Mashed potatoes: by hand, ricer, or mixer? I really prefer my mashed potatoes chunky and with the skins on, so I do them by hand. Sometimes I am old school.

Sandwich or wrap? Hmmmm, hard one. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I don't want as much bread and will 'wrap' it. But if it's a grilled crusty sandwich...I won't turn that down either!

PB & _________ ? Celery. The PB makes me feel like I am eating an evil snack and the clean celery crunch makes me feel I am eating healthy. It's win-win!

Pancakes: syrup or applesauce? Applesauce?? Who does that!? I like to heat my maple syrup with a pat of salted butter! YUM!

Cake: scratch or mix? Scratch or I won't eat it. Same with cookies. Since I am going to engage in a calorie-fest...I want it to be worth it! Besides, I find all cake mixes taste the same regardless the flavor. BUT....I've been having fun with my cake mix cookies, they are sooooo doctored up that you can't even tell a cake mix was the base!

Chili: beans or no? Traditional chili is no beans. But the realist in my home (me!) adds beans to stretch out the amount and pump up the protein!

Napkin: cloth or paper? Paper when it's just K-man and I....always cloth when we entertain!

BBQ: takes the whole weekend to make or take out? Gotta take the pain to get the gain of good BBQ....so we like to cook it all day. So worth it!

Chicken: white or dark? White... less fat...always soaked in buttermilk now....so moist. K-man likes the dark stuff....whole chickens are well used here.

Ice cream: cone or dish? Cone, I so look forward to the crunchy cone after my soft ice cream.

1 comment:

Rachelle S said...

Peek a boo! lol Look, I'm your 1st comment here too =) How come I wasn't following you here? I am now. I think I was before when that whole follow thingy messed up. Thanks for the honor too!

I am so stealing this questionnaire for mine.