Saturday, May 30, 2009

A little Bean-o would be Keen-o!

A very refreshing bean salad for summer to accompany any meat you are grilling up for dinner!

Summer Bean Salad

1 can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
fresh herbs, finely chopped (your choice)
1 large tomato, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
handful of pea pods (from my farmer's market and used for some crunch factor), chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Finely chop your herbs, coarsely chop your tomato and slice your green onions...

The herbs I selected from my garden were basil, thyme, and rosemary. Notice I put 3 leaves of basil and just a bit of thyme and rosemary. I wanted a delicate flavor of herbs, not an overpowering one. You can taste your salad and always add more if you like.






Put your drained, rinsed beans and herbs in a bowl. Add all your remaining ingredients. Mix to coat all ingredients. Chill in fridge until you are ready to serve.










So light and fresh. Just a wonderful side dish that tastes like summer.


Summer Bean Salad on Foodista

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Ooo, I love bean salads. They're so hearty yet refreshing, not to mention healthy and full of protein. I can't wait to try out your recipe. Luckily, I have a ton of beans in my pantry!

Laura said...

This looks great--the pea pods are really unique.

test it comm said...

That bean salad looks good!