Nah, I didn't think so.
I haven't made an impossible pie in years. They have many versions now. I stumbled upon this coconut one and I was happy because, less crust means less fat and calories.
So tasty and light!
Easy Impossible Coconut Pie
adapted from bettycrocker.com
1 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1/3 cup splenda
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix (reduced fat type)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups fat free evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- I made the original version and the second time with splenda and the FF evaporated milk. I couldn't get over how still rich the FF evaporated made this pie...I find skim milk doesn't cut it richness-wise in some recipes.
- I didn't want to get TOO extreme by using egg beaters and smart blend butter.....perhaps another time.