Wow, a sugar free chocolate chip cookie recipe! Cool, and they have a site from hershey's kitchen with many other healthier, sugar free, lower fat goodies too. Score!
Lowered Fat AND Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Hershey's Kitchens
1 cup flour
1 cup almond meal/flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (I used one butter and one smart balance)
1/3 cup Splenda granulated sugar blend
1/3 cup Splenda -brown sugar blend
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs (I used 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. egg substitute)
1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2. Stir together flours, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar blend, brown sugar blend and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 cookies: Recipe makes 54 cookies):
Calories: 100, Total Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 150mg, Total Carbohydrates: 13g, Dietary Fiber: =0, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 6%DV*, Vitamin C: 0%DV*, Calcium 0%DV*, Iron: 4%DV*
*DV = % Daily Values are calculated based on a 2000 calorie diet
My cookie's Nutrition is different:
1. Using Almond Meal/ flour instead of regular AP flour.
2. I used egg substitute (no fat) and 1/2 smart balance instead of all butter.
3. You can place a few nuts on top of each cookie instead of incorporating a whole cup in the batter.
The substitution of one cup of almond meal made the cookie very nutty tasting.
Make these and see if you family even notices that it's sugar free!