Friday, January 22, 2010

Invite me to your Super Bowl Party...

Look how cute I am? Wouldn't I just fit right in at your Super Bowl Party and be adored by all?

Nod and say 'yes' for heaven sakes....don't hurt the little cutie's feelings...sheesh!

Simple, easy and tasty. When I made it for the little birthday party dinner I threw for my mom, the 5 of us gobbled up all 30. I am sure if the recipe had made more, eating them would have been no problem....even though they knew dinner was oncoming.

Spinach Crisps

1 box chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in towel
1 can chiles, drained
1/3 cup mayonnaise (I used half fat free and regular to cut the fat a bit)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup Monterey Jack and Cheddar Shredded Cheese Mix (it's finely shredded)
1 package won-ton wrappers

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place wonton wrapper in a ungreased muffin tin, gently press down dough to the bottom of muffin cup. Bake for 5-7 minutes until corner tips start to brown. Remove and put on cooling rack and start another batch. Repeat until you get 30. Wonton wrapper package will have more than you need and this is okay; for a few of them may 'fall' or get a puffed up bottom. I made a few extra until I got the perfect 30 I needed.

In a small bowl, put spinach that has been squeezed dry, can of drained chiles, mayo and salt and pepper. Measure out 3/4 of cheese and mix in. Cover and set in fridge until you need it. Let the baked wrappers remain on cooling rack until party time.

When ready to serve, preheat your oven again to 350. Line up all your baked wrappers on a tray or the cooling rack and fill each with roughly a teaspoon of filling. Then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and sprinkle on top. Place the needed amount on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes the corner tips will turn a darker brown and the cheese will melt. When you have just a few left on your serving plate....time to bake the second batch.

These were crunchy, cheesy a lil zippy from the chiles. They weren't wet or drippy, stringy or gooey. Just perfect. An easy one or two-biter depending on how hungry or big your mouth is. LOL

Definitely a keeper - K-man was sad to see that there were no leftovers but to appease him I said, I certainly can make these again for Super Bowl, where K-man immediately chirped, "NOW WE'RE TALKIN'!!!"

Enjoy,

1 comment:

Belladatura said...

Um, yeah. You're totally invited. Those look delish!