Monday, January 25, 2010
How cute is this !?! Can you envision this at your Super Bowl party? We've been watching football for the past few weekends...gearing up to see who is going to get to the SB...perfect way for me to practice my preparations for the big event!
I found this on Pillsbury.com and as usual I played around with some of the fat content and it came out AWESOME. I think my presentation is even better than theirs!
Spinach Pull Apart
adapted from Pillsbury.com
3 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp garlic canola oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 oz. Fat Free cream cheese
3 Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese wedges
3 Tbsp. fat free mayonnaise
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1 box (9oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cans reduced fat Crescent Rolls
1 cup marinara sauce.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with non stick spray. In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic powder and garlic oil (I just make some by heating up some canola oil with a few cloves of garlic, store in clean bottle with garlic cloves).
2. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheeses, mayo, spinach and seasonings. Stir until blended and set aside.
3. Unroll crescent doughs, separate into triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make a total of 32 triangles. Stretch or press 1 triangle slightly, being careful not to tear it.
4. Spoon 1 Tbsp. spinach mixture onto center of triangle; pull doug around nixture into a ball. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining triangles.
5. Roll each ball in butter mixture; layer in pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Cool 10 minutes longer. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
After I inverted my pull-apart I sprinkled more cheese on top. Found a dish the right size for the center (pictured at beginning of post). Here I pulled one apart and not one oozed or exploded. I had to open one up for the picture so you could see the cheesy spinach inside.
Not Monkey Bread more like Bunny Bread since it is full of spinach. Your Super Bowl party-goers will love it!