Thursday, July 30, 2009

A new look for Lipsmack and one for pizza...

HI GUYS!!!

Sorry, I've not posted in awhile. I've been "under construction". The transition to a new web design is nothing like flipping a switch, I tell ya. Just my usual posting, taking pictures, editing pictures is arduous enough as a food blogger....so....

In honor of my new look...I have a new look for pizza for you...

As a salad!


Nothing is more refreshing in the summer as a pasta salad...especially if it's tweaked pizza style!


Pizza Pasta Salad

Half a box of your favorite spiral pasta
6 Tbsp. oil
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 c. halved cherry/grape tomatoes
1 c. cubed cheddar cheese
1 c. cubed mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. green onions (I used red onion slices- seemed more 'pizza-like')
1/2 c. pepperoni
optional I also added fresh chopped basil, sliced black olives and mushrooms!

Cook pasta. In a jar with a tight lid - combine oil, parmesan, vinegar, oregano, salt, garlic and pepper. Shake well. Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine rest of ingredients. Add pasta and dressing. Toss, cover and chill for 1 hour.


I enjoyed this very much yet K-man wasn't a fan just because he likes 'man-food' and prefers his salad standard with ranch. As for pasta salad, just a plain macaroni for him (boring!)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ohhhh. I love the new design!! Too freakin cute!

Heather S-G said...

Too Cute!!!! Love the new look :) And this salad...wo-manly salad!? Delish ;)