Monster Dutch Baby
2 large eggs (mine were extra large, double yolked farm fresh eggs)
1/2 cup whole milk (I used Fat Free evaporated milk)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
scant flavorings, cinnamon, etc optional
3 Tablespoons of butter
1. Place a cake pan in your oven. Then preheat your oven to 450° Fahrenheit. You know, screaming hot. I suggest using a oven thermometer always.
2. Using a wire whisk, blend your eggs, milk, flour, salt. Set aside.
3. When your oven is fully preheated and your cake pan hot, remove the cake pan from the oven. Put in 3 Tablespoons of butter and quickly swirl the pan so the butter does not brown or burn. When most of the butter is melted, pour in your Dutch Baby batter.
4. Place the pan bake in the hot oven and bake for 7 or 8 minutes. You may need an extra minute or two, depending on your oven. Watch the monster rise!
- Drizzle with maple syrup
- squeeze of lemon juice and powdered sugar
- smear favorite jam, preserves
- slices of fresh fruit and whipped cream
- sauteed mushrooms and freshly grated parmesan cheese.