Monday, July 19, 2010

Grilled Spicy Meatballs

If you have the same type of kitchen I do, no matter how much you have the A/C on or ceilings fan or both....the kitchen still gets hot in the summer (and it goes right up to the the bedroom for us to sleep in later, UGH). We always look how we can cook anything and everything on the grill during July and August.

I found on Life's Ambrosia a fun meatball recipe that I tweaked to work for me...They were STUPENDOUS! We cooked them on the grill without some special meatball grill cookware and had nothing to clean afterward....Check out what I did...

Grilled Spicy Meatballs
adapted from Life's Ambrosia

1 pound ground meat (I used 90% beef or you can use turkey)
1 egg beaten
1/3 cup dry plain bread crumbs (see how I made my own multi grain crumbs)
1/2 red onion, pureed in food chopper
bunch of chives, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (in food chopper)
2 tablespoons sriracha
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons oil

1. Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Roll into 20 (or so) meatballs. Place in fridge until ready to grill.
2. Heat up grill on high. Pull off a large piece of non-stick foil bend up the sides and pinch the corners to form a 'faux' cookie sheet. Place foil 'sheet' on grill and drizzle the oil on the foil (hahaha). Place meatballs on oiled foil and turn every so often for even browning. Approx 15 min.
3. Serve plain with a dab of more sriracha sauce. Also, as a leftover suggestion...nice bun, sliced herb cheese and re-heated meatballs for a sandwich...

Throw away that foil and no dirty frying pan or yucky grill. Easy clean up. Zingy meatballs! Loved them. Ate them with grilled zucchini and corn the first night and I had a tasty meatball sandwich the next day for lunch. I offered it to K-man to take for lunch but he said "the guys were doing "Friday lunch out"....*yay, fist pump*... K-man's loss was my gain. Even better the next day. Cook these on your grill and tweak your aromatics like I did...but DON'T forget the sriracha....gotta have THAT.

Meatballs on Foodista

Enjoy!

No comments: