Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blue Cheese and Broccoli Salad

Back in my college days I used to work at a department store called Woodward and Lothrop (sniff-sniff...RIP, woodies!) and one of my favorite lunches in the mall was this broccoli salad. After awhile I wised up and started making my own at home....certainly cheaper. That was back in the 80's....I have never seen this salad in any deli or store since. I don't know why but I love it!

Another reason I am sharing this recipe with you is because Elena from Mann's contacted me asked if I wanted a few coupon's for some of their product and blog about it. YIPEEEEE! I have used their bagged cut up broccoli mixes several times in a pinch and was always happy....but more for FREE.....YES (fist pump!)


Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad
from JennyMac and published on allrecipes.com

1 bag of Mann's Broccoli Wokly
1 tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
1/4 -1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper to taste
optional crumbled bacon bits

  1. In a bowl, place broccoli and soak in very hot tap water for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Broccoli should be very green and show no bluish/grayish surface.
  2. Over dried broccoli place the salad dressing and mix well. Add chopped tomatoes either one large chopped or grape tomatoes halved. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you are feeling adventurous crumble some bacon on top. Since I had used a newly tried yogurt based blue cheese dressing I felt I could spare the fat grams!

Mann's products are available @ Food Lion, Bloom and Giant Food. You can go on their website for a location near you AND get some cool recipes! Thanks again Elena and Mann's!

BTW, the recipe link to allrecipes.com is my original version, the recipe on this post was created to be used with Mann's packed product.

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GOOD EARTH GIVEAWAY!

Enjoy!

No comments: