Our second recipe to make this month for Allrecipes.com Allstars was Sweet and Spicy Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa. Unfortunately since that recipe was not possible I opted for another recipe from Mazola® Corn Oil. Aside from chicken being one of our favorite proteins but I really enjoy the "sweet and savory" combination. This recipe rings some bells.
This recipe came at a good time. Remember the big rain Los Angeles was having before the Oscars? That same Monster storm swept across the US and pounded our eastern area with SNOW. One the day it was supposed to hit...it started to drizzle and I cranked up the grill before the snow developed from the rain. Best snow day ever GRILLIN'!
from Allrecipes and Mazola®
1. Preheat grill to medium heat, or between 350 degrees to 450 degrees F.
2. Trim excess fat from chicken, rinse and pat dry. If necessary, pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Place chicken into a 1-gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add seasoning, oil and lemon juice to the bag. Seal bag and turn to thoroughly coat chicken.
3. Grill chicken over direct high heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate.
4. Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl; stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made up to 8 hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.)
5. Top grilled chicken with mango salsa and serve immediately.
1. I bought two regular organic breasts. They were almost about 8 oz. apiece. I sliced them in half horizontally. If you buy the breasts that are already sliced thinly keep in mind...they will cook QUICKLY.
2. My husband prefers thighs and I cooked four breasts and several thighs. I didn't follow the amount of the chicken seasoning because I spread out all the chicken and just seasoned away my favorite Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning.
3. I used 3 mangoes, half red pepper and two thick slices of red onion, chopped. I don't chop and measure things like fruit and veggies. I don't want a 1/4 cup of anything leftover until I have a use for it. This salsa provided enough for two dinners for two.
I am an Allrecipes Allstar brand ambassador (a voluntary position) and I'm not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from the advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Jenny Mac's LipSmack. The reviews, content, and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of JennyMac. To learn more about the Allrecipes Allstars program visit, Allrecipes Allstars.