Sunday, March 27, 2016

Whole30- Day 4 & 5

Day 4- Feeling lucky.  As I read the book for the transition into day 4 and 5, I feel grateful-  It's titled "kill all the things" Yikes! I am glad I don't feel that way today especially on K-man's birthday!  Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

Speaking of birthdays I have a pretty significant one arriving on the 31st of this month, the big 5-0! Kinda sad that I won't be have a big blow out like I did for my 40th but....things happen for a reason and this opportunity to start Whole30 when I did was a jump start I needed. You feel awful, hate your body, can't look in a mirror, look forlornly at the clothes in your closet you can't wear...all the while you know what you need to do but the fight is the same....what diet plan am I going to do this time? when should I start...blah, blah, blah....
When my friend at work talked about doing Whole30 (and I'd had never heard of it) and it made such sense and I was on board.  I didn't even think about my b-day coming up and start the plan after and when I had committed by buying the book and all the food...that is when I decided:

NO! Time to stop dillydallying about this.  I have so many aches and pains that I can't even exercise to lose weight.  Anyone with a brain knows that pains that appear out of nowhere in your back, knees and ankles/heels are their way of saying "YO! Weight overload. Back the EFF off" I know the pain isn't going to go 'BOOP'....and disappear like a switch was flipped. Patience is of the essence here.
Impatient people do not fair well on organized plans sometimes....perhaps someone needs to do a study on sugar intake and it's effects on gratification and patience?

Day 4 Menu: Sorry no pix, they were either a repeat of what I had snapped before or eaten too quickly....

Breakfast: Last Egg Muffin, (shared the last one with K-man) a fruit salad of strawberries, banana & cantaloupe and  drinking black coffee.

Lunch: Leftover carnitas, cauli-rice and sliced avocado.

Dinner: Grilled ribeye steak (omg, that steak marinated in Tessemae's southwestern ranch was awesome) and a Sweet Potato

Day 5: Happy Easter! Still feeling good...no killing vibes.  Two things noted thus far....

1. I was having swelling of the ankles for the past months (I am not a huge salt eater) but since I've started Whole30 my ankles have returned to normal and not taking OTC water pills. YAY!

2. Joint pain when walking...it's starting to diminish!  Getting up in the middle of the night or morning is not as slow or as painful for me to walk down the hallway to the bathroom. This morning I noticed that I walked down the steps normally one step, one foot, not one step, two feet, one step, two feet. This is promising!

Easter Brunch: Fried eggs, sugar free bacon I got at MOM's (My Organic Market), strawberries and black coffee.



Snack: Cantaloupe and a closed handful of CAM's
Dinner: Ground turkey and chicken sausage tomato sauce over roasted spaghetti squash (had Jessica over for dinner and got distracted by her visit and said "OH SNAP! I forgot to get a picture! She told me to snap a pic of what I had.  LOL). Mixed greens with Tessemae's Cracked Pepper dressing. 👍🏼👍🏼


My resolve will be tested next week once I get back to the grind of work and be exposed to more non-compliant foods. Bah, I have done Paleo at school, nutri-system....this shouldn't be any different.

INTERESTING NOTE! So I am preparing my 'sunday sauce' (as I call it because it goes into the crock pot to cook all day) and go to season it up with Italian seasoning, etc. I go to use some garlic salt and read the label...SUGAR? REALLY? You can't just put salt and garlic powder, you have to add freakin' sugar? No wonder we have such issues giving up foods to eat....the sugar just hooks us and reels us in to buy more.  This issue is covered in the documentary movie Fed Up.  The added sugar to all our foods.  I need to watch it again.

Spring Break is over😭wahhhhhhh

No comments: