Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Welcome back Jenny Mac!

Well, well, well....look who's skulking back? 

Where have I been?  Well I didn't win the 1.5 billion lottery that is for sure! Where do I start? First, I went back to school. This was long over due and finally! Working on earning a Master's in Health and Wellness.  YAY!


I've learned to NOT print out all the readings that was eating up ink and paper like crazy and most of the reading were not worth the ink and paper is was on....so the learning curve from online learning is QUICK!






Here is the print out of a normal 5 week class!







Geez, finding the right school and the right degree that worked for me probably took ten years of whining, debating and procrastinating.  Happy to say that I am finishing up my sixth class and have only 4 more to go!!! Started my first class in July 2015 on vacation in Virginia Beach (ironic) and will finish probably in the Fall of October (15 months!).  Oh, the online hell I have been through!  Online learning is a whole different animal and.... I tell you - the personalities of these Professors, unreal.  You think one is bad, they get worse.  You learn their quirks and you find you can deal with them, then you move onto the next class and you get another prof with worse quirks.  OMG.  I don't know how graduate students who actually have to sit with a IRL prof do a quarter.  Five weeks of my wonky profs is enough....Honestly, out of the 6 classes, two were fine. Statistics class, I had no idea is standard for ALL master's degrees.  Crazy...But I am a better person because of it, right? Riiiiighhhtttt!😉


So here is just few highlights of the things that have happened since my last post....









We got new windows for the house.....










Normal people spend money on their children's college education or new car....we got a bay window.









Returned to school and found the ice maker sprung a leak...




 They took off only the ruined tiles so now I have three different colored tiles on my floor. Ratchet!












 Halloween 2014.... Got up at 5am to wear this all day at school.















I created "Wrappapalooza" at my school. Taught the kids how to wrap presents, had the staff to bring in their presents so the kids could practice.  Not too shabby eh?

















Spirit Week before Winter Break...Decades Day...can you guess which decade I was?















We had a Christmas Party after a long stint since our last one....














 Happy New Year 2015!   Corny- I know....









 My Second Semester Showcase highlighting the kids work






 Some student love on a card....




















Tie Dyed Cookies that cookie club made. Those were a lot of work....















 Cheryl Janes- One of my best friends from high school died from lung, colon and liver cancer....Miss you Cheryl!













Yes, our furry kids are still doing crazy things....














 I was told I was going to lose part of my storage room to create a new classroom entrance.  My fellow coworker and art teacher next door lost his entire storage room/office.  I was lucky. If you see the shelving on the right, where it starts is the new entrance.  I lost a 6X6 space.

















End of the year love- left on my whiteboard from my 'lunch bunch.'
















My list of course work in case you are interested....I love seeing the list get smaller...
















 Our young Tech Ed teacher, Adam Nesbitt, suddenly died after playing football with friends this Fall. We still don't know why. We had a lovely memorial service at our school for the staff and kids who wanted to celebrate what he did for our school. Pictured is the tree we planted in his honor.













Halloween 2015- Crazy JennyMac and K-man


















Our first Karaoke at school before the holidays...I think Jessica (the chorus teacher) and I were singing "I got you babe"
















Snowzilla, Snowcation....whatever you called it where you were....we had 7 snow days in a row.  I did 3 weeks of grad work during that time.  And a little shoveling....


Threw a surprise 80's party for my "adopted" 6th grader Abby and her 3 best friends....who all have become like daughters to me this year.  This happened when Mr. Nesbitt died and Abby said at the memorial that she was an 80s nerd and she and Mr. Nesbitt listened to 80s tunes.  I told her at the memorial to come see me that I had 15 CDs of 80s music.... and the rest is history.  They come everyday now after school.




Bit into some toffee and broke off my tooth...got my first crown.

















Walked in my room on a Monday morning a few weeks ago and found a cabinet fell off the wall and everything in it on the floor.  The 7 other cabinet/shelves had to be reinforced just in case they wanted to follow suit.  That is a sewing machine under it if you can tell!















Ok, do you feel all caught up now?  I do. 

Good, now I can get down to the real meat of why I am back posting again. Tomorrow I start....


Stay tuned tomorrow to hear what THAT is all about...


Back to Blogging

No comments: