Keep reading to view the recipe but also how it made it mine....
Gluten-Free Elbows with Mixed Mushrooms and Italian Sausage Soup
from Allrecipes.com, sponsored and recipe by Barilla
1 (12 ounce) box Barilla® Gluten Free Elbows
3 quarts chicken stock
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 sprig rosemary
4 (6 ounce) packages mixed mushrooms
1 pound Italian sausage, boiled for 10 minutes and cut into 1/3 inch slices
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. I like using Gluten Free products, even though I have fallen off my Paleo wagon and have no gluten allergies, I find the GF products don't give me any stomach distress.
2. Although it is nice to receive some coupons to assist in the cost of the recipe making, I didn't feel the need to get 4 different packages of mushrooms. The slice baby bellas looked good so they won.
3. We always have hot Italian sausage in the freezer so I baked 5 links off. Always looking for Zip! Cutting into 1/3 inch? Come on now...
4. I just used a handful of grape tomatoes that I had left, you could use a 15 oz canned whole tomatoes if you wanted but I felt this soup had plenty already.
5. Skipped the parsley because I had fresh basil I needed to get rid of....
6. Look at the amount of elbows in the picture. I used only HALF a box. If I has used the whole box, this wouldn't be a soup anymore but turn into a casserole. Unless you are feeding an army, you will need to increase the amount of stock if you use the whole box.
This was a tasty soup AND very hearty. After I made this I got wild whim to whip up some cornbread to eat with it. Delish!