adapted from Make it Paleo
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 cup flax meal
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, flax meal and spices.
3. Mix eggs and oil and pour over flour mixture. Stir all ingredients together until it forms a dough.
4. Roll dough into large ball and place on parchment paper. Cover dough with another sheet of parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll out into a 1/4 inch thick layer.
5. Transfer cracker dough on parchment to a cookie sheet. Remove top layer of parchment.
6. Score dough with a knife to desired cracker size.
7. Bake crackers for 15-20 minutes until light brown.
8. Let cool, break crackers into squares and serve. Serves 3-6
-The recipe called for adding cumin. It is a strong spice. I used only 1 tsp. but I felt it still overwhelmed the cracker. If you LOVE cumin try using 1 tsp first.
-The original recipe called for 2 tsp of salt. This was a bit salty for me.
-These crackers are great with soups and salads. The Primal Palate pairs these with their baba ghanoush recipe.
Why go Paleo? What is it?
Paleolithic Man, a caveman who hunted and gathered his food. It was all natural, not processed. He ate only meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds.
I've been on too many diets and 'systems'....I am hitting the big 4-6 pretty soon and if I can't get a handle on my food lifestyle then my health will die off like the dinosaurs...lol
The Paleo Plan is rather simple: meats, veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds. No grain, no dairy, no legumes and absolutely no processed foods. I've been reading for years about our food/produce industry and really believe the more man processes foods the more 'frankenstein-ian' it is, this concerns me.
K-man doesn't really need to lose any weight but his biking and overall endurance has changed from being with me for 5 years (before JennyMac, he was on the Bachelor Man Plan: chunky soup, sandwiches and rotating through each fast food joint one night a week) He was fully supportive of this decision for whatever JennyMac needed he was behind her. He's suffered through other diets but he's actually enjoying this new lifestyle. He can eat however he wants at work. He gets real bread and sweets on occasion....but I am finding him eating my desserts and snacks now too!!!!
Anyway, I don't wanna cause you eye strain from reading all the fine minutia of the Paleo Way. But if you are interested or have questions... Pop me a comment! I have great links to Paleo sites and the books I've cook from.