The springboard recipe I used was from Cooking Light and if you know me....I tweaked it. I am such a rebel.
adapted from Cooking Light's Colonial Corn Pudding
- 3 cups frozen whole-kernel corn kernels, thawed and divided
- 3/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons smart balance
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 egg substitute
- half a box of jiffy corn muffin mix
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Fat Free cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine 1 cup corn, 1/4 cup evaporated milk, and smart balance in a blender; process until smooth. Combine remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pureed corn mixture, remaining 2 cups corn, cheese and corn muffin mix.
3. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
So yummy!!! It was nice to have the fat cut significantly in the pudding yet have a bit of butter on top to make the whole thing seem so rich! This is a 'do-again' recipe for sure!