As a teacher, the day after Halloween is the WORST, luckily we had the weekend to buffer all the candy intake however they were still 'hummin' on today. So the kids are buzzing on sugar and crashing....up and down, up and down- all week. I am finding candy wrappers everywhere.
Here is some 'eye candy for you' of our All Hallow's Eve.... Above, is one picture from our yard, we are leaning to a skeleton/graveyard theme more and more it seems.
We love Halloween here not for the candy....but the added bonus it brings....
We are cool cuz we pass out the regular sized candy, I hot glued some roaches on each one. All 60 of them. We like to think that somewhere in our town, teens are screaming thinking they have a roach in their bag. Mwhahahahahahha. We give less terror inducing fruit snacks to the little ones....in case you think we are absolutely horrible. Hey, we notice the kids who pass on by our house, no biggie.
Witchy-poo, was what they saw first when I opened the door. So I don't jump and scream at the kids. I let the visuals do the work. We also can't understand what she says other than "beware"....
Breakfast anyone? It was time for some spider eggs (doughnut holes) when I served my TA on Halloween morning. I can't believe those 8th graders really asked if they were spider eggs. REALLY? Is gullible still NOT in the dictionary?
Ok, now that you are up to date on things....
Let's get down to business...I had an assignment to make something from Mott's the month of November. The Allrecipes Allstar Ambassadors teamed up with Mott's to use their applesauce in some of their suggested recipes.
1 (3.9 ounce) container Mott's® Healthy Harvest Blueberry Delight Applesauce
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/3 cup golden raisins
Baker's Notes :
1. The store I went to didn't have the Harvest Blueberry, I used a kid's Mott's Mixed Berry instead.
2. I don't understand the use of oil, when I have other recipes that use no oil and only applesauce as an oil replacement. Is that why this recipe is overly wet?
3. I double the recipe and cooked it in a 9X13 pan with no problem. I checked it at 25 minutes and the toothpick test came out clean.
4. I used Honeycrisp apple (my fave), I think Golden apples can get mushy. Would a tart Granny Smith do well here, I think it could!
5. These were extremely moist, maybe too moist, almost wet and they tasted heavenly. An apple spice cake thing but they put raisins in the title and it uses golden raisins hence why you can't see them. These squares will serve well for K-man for dessert and breakfast this week because I doubled the batch!
Bring on the Fall Harvest!