Saturday, November 24, 2012
Same pumpkin-like custard on the bottom with crunchy topping. I have pecans on top however you don't have to put them if you don't wanna.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
JennyMac's Lipsmack also on Just a pinch
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow/french vanilla cake mix
1 c. pecans, chopped
2 sticks of butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a 13X9 cake pan.
2. Place in a large mixing bowl: pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, spice and salt. Using an electric hand beater, mix well for about 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture in greased pan. Top with cake mix. Pat the cake mix down. Sprinkle pecans. Pour all over with melted butter.
4. Bake in 350 oven for 60 minutes or until set. (Jiggles just ever so slightly)
5. Best served warm or at room temperature. Enjoy with fresh whipped cream or ice cream. If refrigerated the 'crunch topping' will get very hard (from the butter) so you may want to warm it up a bit in the microwave before serving it 'leftover'