- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pop off mushroom stems and use a spoon to remove the mushroom 'gills' underneath the cap (this will make the mushroom render a lot of water and make it 'weepy').
- Mix ground beef with onion, garlic, herbs and S/P.
- Divide beef with hands into fourths.
- Pack each mushroom cap with one fourth of the ground beef mixture.
- If bacon is raw, criss cross top with two bacon. If bacon is leftover and already cooked save it for later to garnish.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes (until it is rare, medium or well done as you like)
- Cover with cheese and or bacon or both.
After my vacation post, life got crazy....
1. When we returned from Va Beach, my friend told us that a neighbor had kittens that she was fostering that could be adopted. It was about a year now that we put our 20 y.o beloved Tricksy to sleep. We felt it was time and this was our sign...
There was only one left to adopt, the other two were spoken for. We wanted two, for them to be companions, playmates. They didn't necessarily have to be from the same litter.
Here is a sample of her "Bikini" spots hence her now namesake. So Gina our Foster Kitty Mom and neighbor found us another.