Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

YUM!
Great for breakfast, tasty snack and who says you can't eat a slice with dinner?
I was looking for something different from using my basic paleo bread recipe, so I tweaked it to make cinnamon raisin bread.  Yes, I know I haven't posted the basic bread first...but I like to live on the edge!  lol

Cinnamon Raisin Bread
adapted from Paleo Comfort Foods

3-1/2 cups almond flour or meal
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
5 large organic eggs
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup organic raisins

1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2.  Combine all dry ingredients.
3.  In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, honey and vinegar.  Add raisins.
4.  Combine wet with the dry.
5.  Grease the loaf pan and line with parchment paper.  This is VERY important!!!  I find that this bread as well as the basic loaf likes to STICK despite it being greased.  Consider yourself warned if you don't!!!!
6.  Pour the batter in lined loaf pan.
7.  Bake for 45-55 minutes until golden brown or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.

LOVE it...hope you will too!


Enjoy!

No comments: